Student BYOD Expectations
- Students MUST have signed permission to bring a device to school
- Students AND guardians are required to sign the BYOD contract
- ONLY the owner of the device can touch that device
- The device is for instructional purposes only
- Devices are expected to be charged at home and put away after the battery loses its charge
- No Device Zones Include: Bathrooms, Cafeteria, Gymnasium, Carpool/Bus lines, Playground/Courts (Recess)
- School Staff reserves the right to change procedures and storage of devices as needed
How to SWIM with BOYD
S - Stays Safe
- Use only apps, internet sites, and slides provided/approved by the teacher
- Students take full responsibility of their devices
- No device out of your book bag on the bus or in carpool
- No Texting
- Share your knowledge and skills with others
- Show good citizenship each and every day
- Keep your device charged and ready at all times!
- Respect and protect the privacy of others
- Always display digital citizenship
- Respect the directions provided by the teacher
- Only use device in device-friendly classrooms (cannot take to recess, lunch, or the bathrooms)
- If inappropriate material appears on your screen, notify and show your teacher (not your classmates) immediately
- Device will not be used with a substitute teacher in the classroom
- Parents will not drop off devices left at home
- Students assume full responsbility of their own devices
Student Device "Stoplight"
Each BYOD classroom will have this poster to clearly notify students when they can and cannot use their own devices. Students must follow this "stoplight" policy, as noted in the signed student contract.
BYOD pilot teachers will have a designated place in the classroom for students to "dock" their devices each day when appriopriate.
Students in BYOD pilot classrooms will have a designated "anchor" location on their desk or nearby table.